The New England QIN-QIO Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is made up 12-18 volunteer members, two to three from each New England state. Members are supported by a local QIN-QIO staff member. Representatives from the New England QIN-QIO communications team, program and clinical leadership also participate in the PFAC.
Members share their experiences, give their opinion about patient handouts and other health tools, and provide guidance to our staff.
Interested in joining ...
We invite you to volunteer as a NE QIN-QIO Patient & Family Advisor. Help us improve the quality and safety of healthcare in New England.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- How often does the PFAC meet?
- Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 12pm-1pm. Meeting frequency and duration will be continually evaluated and modified as deemed necessary by the PFAC.
- Do I need to travel to join this?
- No, you can attend meetings in person with your local PFAC Liaison or call in from the comfort of your own home or office. Members with computers are invited to meet online in our PFAC web room.
- Is there a cost to belong to the Advisory Council?
- There is no cost to you!
- How will I get meeting materials?
- All of the meeting materials are provided at the in-person meeting, emailed ahead of time and mailed to your home.